Kolēģi, lieliski jaunumi no Eiropas Mākslas terapijas federācijas (European Federation of Art Therapy (EFAT)), kuras viens no dibinātājbiedriem ir LMTA!
Dear friends and sponsors of EFAT, Dear European art therapists , Dear NEAT*) members and friends
On behalf of the EFAT interim Board, I am happy to share with you the latest news about our European Federation of Art Therapy.
- EFAT is officially registered – the procedure is 100% completed. The statutes have been published on the Belgian Gazette (in Dutch). More to read on our website: http://www. arttherapyfederation.eu/news.
- Structuring EFAT organization
- Roles & responsibilities of Board Members – one of the very first actions of the Board has been to agree on the roles & responsibilities of each Board Member.
- EFAT Committees and Council – in order to help the Board reach the social objectives we set ourselves for EFAT, 6 Committees and a Council were created. The chairs of each Committee has been officially appointed. Congratulations to Elza Strazdina / Latvia (Communication), Celine Schweizer / Netherlands (Research), Thijs De Moor / Netherlands (Conference 2020), Jane Hawes / Sweden (Application Review), Liz Stone Matho / France (Ethics) and Paola Partsalaki / Greece (Professional Exchange) ! The Council is composed of the committee’s chairs and the General-Secretary (Natacha Pirotte / Belgium): it aims to facilitate the communication between the committees and with the Board, and review progress against objectives. The first Council meeting is to take place very soon.
- Our website has been further developed (please have a look on http://www. arttherapyfederation.eu/). Special thanks to Tanaïs Verbist / Belgium for this! The Communication Committee will provide further page content.
- The Board decided to launch a contest to find a new logo for the Federation and also placed a call for candidates to be part of the jury who will assist in making the final choice.
- We have started to communicate on social media and interest for our association is growing !
- Conference 2019 / Constitutive General Assembly
- The dates for our first EFAT conference are confirmed : MAY 10-12, 2019. Please save them in your diary. We will meet in Vienna !
- There will be a Professional Exchange Day, the Constitutive General Assembly with the election of the Board, and a special moment for NEAT members.
- The themes proposed by the Professional Exchange Committee are currently under review.
- Conference 2020
- The Board decided to issue a “Call for Tenders” to host EFAT’s 2020 conference. Countries and cities that are interested may apply.
- Brussels NEAT meeting
- The meeting report is ready (Thank you Maria d'Elia / Luxembourg, Vibeke Skov / Denmark & Paola Partsalaki / Greece!). The Communication Committee will create a public version which will be uploaded to the website.
Our intention is to keep you posted on EFAT progress every 3 months. If you have any questions or suggestions in the meantime, please let us know !
Natacha Pirotte (Belgium)
Secretary-General of EFAT's temporary Board
*) NEAT = The Network of European Art Therapists which has initiated the creation of EFAT