ART THERAPY HELPS
When can I have AT?
• can reduce symptoms of a specific disease or disorder (for example, reduces depression, anxiety, etc).
• by using the principles of supportive therapy AT helps to overcome traumatic experiences, as well as reduces consequences of a specific disease, disorder or presenting difficulty.
AT is recommended:
* during rehabilitation
* in the case of mental, physical or psychosomatically difficulties;
* in the case of psychological, social, and emotional difficulties;
* and in situations when one doesn’t necessarily have any difficulties, but one’s goal is a creative-expression and personal growth.
AT can be suitable for people with:
• emotional disorders
• behavioural problems
• eating disorders
• learning disabilities
• stress-related, neurotic disorders
• sensory and physical disorders
• mental disorders.
In AT one can:
• develop fine motor skills, perception, attention, and thinking;
• learn to analyze situations, make decisions, and solve problems
• learn to regulate emotions, cope with stress
• improve communication skills
• work with issues regarding self-awareness
• learn to plan and organize one’s activities and time
• ..be creative!